Wednesday 22 August 2007

Jeera Rice

Ya ya ya... I know I haven't been blogging... Been busy with stuff.

I had some left over rice and wanted to make Jeera rice - an all time favourite.

Searched a little but couldn't find any with left over rice. So decided to try myself (not something I do)...



Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
2 cups - left over Rice
2 tbsp - Cumin Seeds
1 Onion - finely chopped
4 - 5 - green chillies slit
15 - curry leaves
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 tbsp - Oil
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves for garnishing

Method

  1. Add oil in a pan / wok.
  2. When oil is hot, add the jeera.
  3. Once they splutter, add the chillies.
  4. Fry for 3 minutes and add curry leaves and fry for 30 secs.
  5. Then add the onions. Fry till the onions turn brown.
  6. Now, add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
  7. Add salt and mix well.
  8. Add the rice and mix well.
  9. Garnish with Coriander Leaves and serve
We had with left over palak tofu and curd. For my first experiment, I must say, it came out quiet well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking out time to leave your comments...