Sunday 26 August 2007

Pasta with broccoli

Hi guys...

I had a fun (long) weekend in Lancaster and Blackpool.

My brother-in-law and his wife recently moved to Lancaster so thought of visiting them. It was a lot of fun. The best part was our trip to Blackpool - an amusement park. Me and my co-sis love the rides and really freaked out. The weather was extremely good - so it was packed. But even with the long waits, we did not mind once we get on the rides.

We started from Blackpool and came back to Glasgow on saturday.

I got up around 9:30 on sunday and slept again by 10:30. I did not get up till 12:00. Came down and asked my husband what's for lunch? He said he had toast and he told me to have the same. Really didn't feel like. I told him I'll make pasta. He was as usual why? no need. and all that. I told him to let me make and then decide if he wants to eat or no.

There were not many vegetables at home. Just tinned chopped tomatoes, onions, chillies and frozen broccoli. I tried out the following recipe and it came out 'not bad'.

Ingredients
2 med - onions - finely chopped
3 - 4 - green chillies - chopped
1 tin (440gm) - chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp - chilli powder
6 - 7 - broccoli pieces
2 - fists fusilli pasta (you can use what you want - this was handy for me).
2 tbsp - olive oil + oil for boiling pasta
salt to taste

Method:
  1. Start boiling water with a little salt and 1 tbsp oil.
  2. Once the water is boiled, add pasta and boil for 10 mins and strain.
  3. In a different pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil and chillies.
  4. Once the chillies are fried, add the onions and fry till translucent.
  5. Add tomatoes, salt and chilli powder and boil till the tomatoes are done
  6. Add broccoli and cover and cook on med-high for 5-6 mins.
  7. Add pasta to the sauce and serve hot.
That's it for now... ta ta

1 comment:

  1. my pleasure! yay someone who isnt related to me read that! heh :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking out time to leave your comments...