Sunday 30 August 2009

Catch Up & Fish Fry

A lot has happened since my last blog entry... I am now a mom of a hyper 11 month old boy...

My 1 year maternity leave is about to finish and I'll be starting work full-time. Lets see how I'll manage.

During the past year and a half, I got used to eating freshly made food for dinner. You guys must be thinking "what did she eat before that???". I know. Well, I would make a batch for the week and eat the same for lunch and dinner. I would make 3-4 varieties so it was ok. And we also used to have ready cooked foods from the supermarket or go out or call for a pizza. Weekends were always out. Now when I think of it, I am like - how did i eat like that?

So, now my aim is to make fresh dinners every day after work. I am trying to plan out what I'll be having for the next week in advance so that I can prepare the vegetables I need (mainly onions - if i need them sliced or chopped or what ever). That should make things easy. Most of my menu consists of one-dish-meals. Not all though.

So I am adding a new tag "Weekday Dinner" for everything I make on weekdays.

One such item is this fish fry. You can have it with soup (its going to be lovely in winters) or with rasam or sambar and rice or with Jeera Rice. Or if you want a really light dinner, have it with some salad.

Here goes...


Ingredients
500 gm - Fish - cut into chunks (firm white fish) - I used Vietnamese River Cobbler
1/2 small Onion
3 tsp Chopped Tomatoes
1 tsp - chilli powder
1 tsp - coriander powder
3/4 tsp - cumin powder
1/2 tsp - turmeric powder
2 tsp - ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp - Lime / Lemon Juice
a hand full of chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
oil to shallow fry

Method:
  1. Make a fine paste of the Onion, Tomato, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Turmeric Powder, Ginger Garlic Paste, Lime Juice and coriander leaves.
  2. Marinate fish in the paste for atleast 20 mins.
  3. Take a flat non stick frying pan and add 2 tbsp oil.
  4. Once the oil is hot, add the fish pieces one by one and fry them on both sides till they are done.
  5. If you have more fish left, proceed in the same way. You might need to add a little more oil to fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking out time to leave your comments...